Your Questions

your Questions

1. What do I need to do to receive treatment at White Oaks?

  • If you hold a Medical Card you would usually contact a HSE Addiction Counsellor who will discuss options with you. This counsellor may then suggest referral for residential treatment at White Oaks. 
  • Anyone can, in a private capacity, approach White Oaks directly and request an assessment interview. This can usually be arranged within a few days and then a decision is reached either to come in for treatment or to be referred for help to another service.

2. What happens when a person is admitted to White Oaks?

  • A person is asked to come for admission accompanied by a family member or close friend.
  • Once some paperwork is completed, a person is then shown to their room, introduced to other residents and begins the early stages of treatment.

3. What addictions do you treat?

  • Our primary focus is treating individuals with alcohol, drug (illegal and prescription) and/or gambling addictions. It is sometimes the case that a person will have a Dual Diagnosis which is alcohol/drug addiction and a psychiatric illness such as bi-polar, depression or anxiety.

4. Can family visit?

  • Yes. Visiting time for families is 2pm - 4pm on Sundays. We welcome the involvement of family members in the programme on Wednesdays.

5. What about privacy/confidentiality?

  • We attach great importance to creating a safe and confidential environment at White Oaks where people can address important life issues. We request the active cooperation of everyone in this regard.

Talk to us in confidence

orange indicates a required field